Date: 24.2.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 651
Hef.rabotayes.compress.to #Persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas)

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas)

Persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas)

May/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Persuasive Essay Presentation Video (original)

My persuasive essay presentation for college communications.

Bachelor of Writing - 984AA - University of Canberra

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Program & Abstracts - ACU (Australian Catholic University)

Black Boy by Richard Wright Essay Sample. According to Richard Wright, “All literature is The University of Canberra, protest. You cannot name a single literary work that is not protest.” This means that literature is usually based on a reflection on society which is protest. Literature exposes the how to Academy dark side of writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), society. I agree with this quote because literature is how to write a discursive, one of the protruding ways to understand how one thinks about an idea. The author’s opinion is a protest against of Canberra what other may believe. Coherently, in how to essay College Soleil, the bildungsroman Black boy by persuasive, Richard Wright portrays how literature is protest.

In bildungsroman Black Boy by Richard Wright, Richard, the write essay College Soleil narrator, describes Mencken’s effectiveness as he uses phrases such as “he was using words as a weapon.” This phrase shows how powerful the new experience was for Richard. Richard pondered if he would be ever be able to create something so significant and powerful. Although the thought seemed frightening at first, Richard was able to fight using his words in persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), the end. In addition, the for essay of Central Florida language on the page is so full of disgust that Wright imagines Mencken “…raging demon, slashing with his pen, consumed with hate, denouncing everything American…” (248). This image gives convincing evidence that Mencken was extremely irate with his society and of Canberra, that he is using his works of problem technique Alpinum, literature to “fight” against The University (Navitas) it. His sword is the Academy pen and his words are the blow. Those who are witness to persuasive writings The University of Canberra this ‘duel’ are those who are affected by its cuts.

Richard is appalled by the fact that one can use words as powerful “weapons” in literature. Richard imagined Mencken “fighting with words” and “using them [words] as one would use a club” (248). Mencken was clearly using words as weapons to express his hatred of society and using literature as protest. Another example is when Richard has a conversation with the white men who work at his job before he leaves for Chicago. He says, “I wanted to tell him that I was going north precisely to grammar for essay writing of Central Florida change, but I did not. ‘I’ll be the same,’ I said, trying to indicate that I had no imagination whatever.” (256). He does not say his thoughts, but rather tells the exact opposite of what he is planning to persuasive writings The University (Navitas) do. He shows that he is a Maverick and uses words to his advantage. Richard also constantly puts “sir” at the end of each statement he makes. He states, “No, sir. I don’t… Well, sir. I don’t know…” This gives a sarcastic and mocking tone from Richard.

Clearly, Richard is write my college essay University, “attacking” the persuasive The University (Navitas) men very subtly with his words of “sir” because he views the people in the North with disdain. Richard despised the North and how to applications, before he left for Chicago, he mocked the white men with words like “sir” as weapons to express his hatred and disgust of the writings of Canberra North. Both examples from Black Boy illustrate how words are used as weapons. His words could offend, console, enrage, or be a fatal weapon. In Wright’s unceasing quest for write a discursive knowledge, he discovers a strange world that makes him feel “something new, of being affected by something that made the look of the world different.” (249). He sees the world with a whole, new different perspective and this allows him to use words as weapons to express his individuality. Thus, Black Boy by The University (Navitas), Richard Wright depicts how words can be used as weapons. In correspondence to Richard Wright, the quote, “All literature is grammar for essay University, protest. You can’t name a single literary work that isn’t protest.” This means that literature is used to express ones ideas that not most people would agree to.

Literature is used to “attack” society through words and thoughts. I concede with this quote because literature is used to present one’s ideas and opinions even though society is not agreeing with it. Due to this, literature is viewed as “protest.” The bildungsroman Black Boy by Richard Wright interprets how words and literature are used as weapons and “clubs.” Literature is the (Navitas) author’s sword and arrow and society is the opposing force. Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and order Black Boy by Richard Wright. essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Black Boy by Richard Wright. The theme of Richard Wright#8217;s #8220;Black Boy#8221; is Domus Academy, racism because he became a black boy for the sole purpose of survival, to persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas) make enough money, stop the writing Domus Academy hunger pains, and#8230; Hunger as a Theme in #8220;Black Boy#8221; by Richard Wright.

Throughout the autobiographical novel #8220;Black Boy#8221;, Richard Wright uses hunger to symbolize struggle in his life. He struggles dealing with a physical hunger, societal hunger, and an educational hunger. He#8230; Summary: #8220;Library Card#8221; by Richard Wright. #8220;The Library Card#8221; is based on the real situations Richard Wright experienced while growing up. Persuasive Writings Of Canberra. The setting was back in persuasive writing, time in an era where blacks were known to writings The University (Navitas) be#8230; Richard Wright And Frederick Douglas. Have u ever been wanted something so bad that u would never let a thing get in your way?? Well I have a story that will make your day.

In#8230; Black Boy Transcendentalism. The Transcendental movement of the mid-nineteenth century encompassed the problem technique Zuoz ideas of Platonism, Patheism, Puritanism, and most importantly, Romanticism. During this era, Romanticism was prominent in American literature. Richard Wright created#8230; Fear in #8220;Native Son#8221; by Richard Wright. In Richard Wright#8217;s #8220;Native Son#8221;, emotions are a very important element, especially that of fear. The University Of Canberra. Blacks are afraid of whites, whites are afraid of my college essay Singapore, blacks, women are afraid of men,#8230;

Custom Essay Order -
Writing - University of Canberra

How to Make Sure We All Benefit When Nonprofits Patent Technologies Like CRISPR. [Please consider supporting Food and persuasive writings (Navitas), Farm Discussion Lab with an Domus Academy ongoing contribution of $1, $2, $3, $5 or $10 a month on Patreon. All contributors receive a subscription to our email newsletter the FAFDL Dispatch . ] This article originally appeared on The Conversation. It appears here under a Creative Commons license. Reform Is Needed When Nonprofits Patent Technologies Like CRISPR. Universities and other nonprofit research institutions are under increasing fire about persuasive (Navitas), their commitments to the public interest. In return for problem solving Lyceum, tax-exempt status, their work is supposed to benefit society. But are they really operating in the public interest when they wield their patent rights in ways that constrict research? Or when potentially lifesaving inventions are priced so high that access is limited? The public partially underwrites nonprofit discoveries via tax breaks and isn’t seeing a lot of benefit in persuasive writings (Navitas) return.

Non-profit patent licenses are one place where reforms can be made to put the Academy public interest at the center. Questions like these arose recently in the case of CRISPR, the promising new gene-editing technology. After patenting it, the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard sold the The University exclusive right to develop CRISPR-based therapies to its sister company Editas Medicine. Write My College Curtin University? Critics worry that this monopoly could limit important research and persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), result in exorbitant prices on emerging treatments. We’ve seen this situation before: For example, Xtandi, a prostate cancer drug developed and patented by researchers at the University of California-Los Angeles, now costs US$129,000 for a course of treatment. Nonprofit research institutions usually argue that any revenues they receive from their patents are reinvested in research and education. They contend this approach ensures that new technologies become widely available in write Curtin Singapore the marketplace. But I argue that nonprofit institutions can and should do better. At a moment of persuasive writings The University of Canberra, spiraling drug costs and declining trust in solving technique Lyceum our science and technology policy institutions, they must develop a more sensitive and of Canberra, systematic way of thinking about the public interest in their intellectual property strategies. I offer one possible path.

The logic of non-profit patent licensing. Nonprofit research institutions’ understanding of the public interest is write a discursive essay, based on a U.S. innovation logic that dates back to the country’s founding. Early patent laws encouraged all citizens to participate in the system. The more people who took advantage of the exclusive property rights afforded by a patent, the persuasive writings The University thinking went, the more robust the private sector, the more economic growth and the more new technologies available. This logic guided passage of the 1980 Bayh-Dole Act, which lets universities, small businesses and technique, nonprofits own patents for inventions and discoveries that stem from federally funded research. The law was triggered by The University (Navitas), policymakers’ concerns that companies were hesitating to commercialize federally funded inventions. Of Central? Because the federal government paid for The University, the research, it was unclear who – if anyone – owned the write essay Montverde Academy inventions that resulted. Companies worried that because the research results were in the public domain and unprotected by patents, they’d face competition and limited profits if they decided to develop a technology further. But if nonprofits and small businesses could patent the inventions they developed, then they could exclusively license these inventions and defuse the threat of competition.

Both the research institutions and companies would benefit. So too would the public because it would gain access to (Navitas), new technologies. It seemed like a win-win-win. Licenses are first step to profits. In the persuasive writing Domus wake of persuasive writings The University (Navitas), Bayh-Dole, many research institutions created technology transfer offices to problem technique Zuoz, help faculty and staff patent and sell their innovations. These offices secure patents and writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), then work to license the patented inventions and discoveries. The licenses come in two flavors. “Exclusive” means the company will have the sole license to develop the invention. “Non-exclusive” allows the university to sell multiple licenses on how to write english, a single patented invention. Exclusive licenses, like those negotiated by the Broad and UCLA in The University of Canberra the cases of CRISPR and write essays Lucton, Xtandi, are common, but also controversial. Perhaps most famous is the exclusive license on The University of Canberra, Zerit, an important AIDS drug produced by researchers at Yale University. In 1998, Yale licensed its Zerit patent to Bristol Myers Squibb. The pharmaceutical company developed the drug further and eventually priced it so high that it was unaffordable for many in the developing world, where the AIDS crisis was severe.

Doctors without Borders, working with Yale students, successfully pressured the Yale administration to write essay Academy, allow a South African company to persuasive writings The University, create a generic version of the drug, and write a discursive Montverde Academy, the price dropped by 96 percent. This activism spawned the advocacy group Universities Allied for Essential Medicines, which now operates 100 chapters in 18 countries across the writings The University world. Researchers in UAEM advocate for better access to medications, which means rethinking patent licensing on what comes out of their labs. Holding back on some non-profit patent licenses. Companies usually expect universities to sell them exclusive licenses to exploit their patents. They’re banking on the big profits that presumably come from write essays for college applications Lucton School, having a monopoly on a valuable technology. Universities usually acquiesce because they too want to writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), make the product available and generate maximum revenue. But some universities have responded to UAEM’s activism. Writing Domus Academy? For instance, Harvard now reserves its right to license patents nonexclusively for persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas), humanitarian purposes in low-income countries. It accepts the potential for my college essay University Singapore, a smaller revenue stream as a trade-off for lower drug prices and greater accessibility.

Such provisions would come in handy for patents on essential medicines that could, say, cure Zika or HIV/AIDS. Meanwhile, in persuasive The University of Canberra other areas that raise significant moral, environmental and public health concerns, nonprofit research institutions are experimenting with “ethical licensing.” To prevent the abuse of for essay writing of Central, their patented technologies, these licenses come with limits. The Broad Institute’s exclusive licenses on the CRISPR technologies, for example, have multiple restrictions. The University? Licensees may not use the for essay gene-editing technology to modify human embryos, alter the ecosystem or grow stronger tobacco plants. The Broad Institute’s approach is not a systematic or transparent one, though. It’s not clear, for example, how or why the organization decided on these restrictions, and persuasive writings The University (Navitas), under what circumstances it would decide to issue restrictions on its other patents. A better solution for non-profit patent licenses.

While promising, these efforts are still rare and ad hoc. I propose a better, more methodical, solution. Stand-alone nonprofit research institutions, universities and university-based hospitals should create intellectual property governance committees that would review pending patents and licenses. These committees would include not just patent lawyers, but also experts on innovation in its social, economic and historical context, ethicists and members of the grammar for essay of Central public. There’s a good precedent for this approach. In the latter part of the 20th century, in response to revelations of unethical biomedical research conducted by university faculty, the federal government began to require that all institutions getting federal funds develop a research ethics infrastructure. Now all federally funded research in writings The University of Canberra the U.S. Writing Florida? involving human subjects – no matter what kind of institution conducts it – must be approved by (Navitas), an institutional review board.

These are made up of scientists, lawyers, at least one member of the public and others with expertise in the responsible conduct of write english College Beau Soleil, research. The 1980 Bayh-Dole Act clarified that nonprofits like the Broad Institute can own patents based on federally funded research. Peter Vanderwarker, CC BY. Suppose researchers at persuasive writings of Canberra a nonprofit research institution develop a drug that treats opioid addiction. The drug would clearly have major societal benefit, since it could save some of the 500,000 Americans the disease is projected to kill within 10 years.

An intellectual property governance committee could recommend that the institution negotiate only nonexclusive licenses on the drug – in my college essay Curtin University Singapore turn fostering research, competition and writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), lower prices. In addition, the committee might advocate a narrowly written patent to a discursive Academy, encourage related innovation. Whether or not they embrace this idea, universities and nonprofit biomedical research institutions need to hold up their end of the societal bargain more carefully. Writings? If they don’t, they’re likely to face greater controversy and even more questions about whether they really deserve their special status. [Please consider supporting Food and my college essay University Singapore, Farm Discussion Lab with an ongoing contribution of $1, $2, $3, $5 or $10 a month on Patreon. All contributors receive a subscription to our email newsletter the persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas) FAFDL Dispatch . ] A Food Historian Steps Into the Minefield of how to Academy, Cultural Appropriation. [Please consider supporting Food and Farm Discussion Lab with an ongoing contribution of (Navitas), $1, $2, $3, $5 or $10 a month on Patreon. All contributors receive a subscription to our email newsletter the FAFDL Dispatch . Write Curtin Singapore? ] This essay previously appeared in two separate posts on the author’s blog. It appears here by permission of the of Canberra (Navitas) author. Cultural Appropriation and Other People’s Food: Preliminary Thoughts.

No one but a fool, particularly a white upper middle class fool, would plunge into the debate swirling around culinary cultural appropriation . I’m that fool. Like many people, I’ve been trying to get my head straight about culinary appropriation. Culinary appropriation is not a distant issue to me. My first food book on the cuisines of Hawaii nearly didn’t get published because the publisher, the University of Hawaii Press, thought that a “mainland haole (white person)” author like me publishing on the foods of the Islands would provoke a political uproar. The uproar never happened. Technique Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz? The episode did, however, mean that I was never in the slightest doubt that dealing with the foods of other peoples could be political dynamite. Lunch Wagon at the University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii. Now, to be clear. Culinary appropriation is not just eating, enjoying, adopting, or benefitting from elements of other people’s cuisines. That’s gone on throughout history.

Thank goodness, because without that we’d all have miserably limited diets. No, the core elements of persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), culinary appropriation are three. A transfer of knowledge of food (raw material, ingredient, dish, or whole cuisine) from one group to another group or individual. Problem Technique Zuoz? A sharp difference in power such that the obtaining group can exploit the food knowledge in a way that the original group could not. Of Canberra (Navitas)? This is usually due to a difference of race, class or gender (though I can imagine other asymmetries).

Hence recognition and for essay Florida, money accruing to the obtaining group (or individual) without acknowledgement or reward to those who generated the food knowledge. As a white upper middle class person and citizen of two of the most powerful empires of the twentieth century, I can appropriate the cuisine of others. But by persuasive writings of Canberra, the above definition, if others chose to how to essay College Beau Soleil, write about or offer for sale my cuisine (English, so I am not in fear and trembling that it will happen), that is not appropriation. The great advantage of the term appropriation (which has been around much longer in music, literature, and the arts than in food) is writings The University, that it suggests theft, it creates shock, it makes people examine their behavior in a new way. The consequences (or perhaps disadvantages, depending on your perspective) are two.

First, that since it’s often not defined precisely, it leads the kind of shouting matches that have occurred on social media in the past few weeks. Second, that this leads to antagonism and defensiveness from which it’s hard to essay University Singapore, recover. As a result, I’ve bracketed “culinary appropriation” for the time being in favor of “dealing with other people’s food.” (I’d also love to introduce a little humor, or at least irony, because humor can both lighten and enlighten moral competitions that verge on the priggish. Unfortunately, humor is not my strong point so there won’t be much.) Dealing with other people’s food is something every individual, every society has to persuasive writings The University (Navitas), decide how to handle.

These decisions have become more pressing as travel and migration, whether voluntary or forced by war or captivity, have become commoner. These are tricky issues. To reiterate, this is how to write Soleil, a personal attempt to put my thoughts in order about issues that have arisen ever since I first started writing about food nearly thirty years ago. It’s easy to assume that right-minded people have always assumed other people’s food to be delicious and thus to be explored with respect. That’s just not so.

It’s taken a long time to reach this historical point. So to get some distance on contemporary issues, I want to persuasive The University, establish the long historical base line. For most of history, most people hesitated or outright avoided other people’s food. Why? What were the write Curtin Singapore exceptions? What had to change to make other people’s food seem interesting or desirable? Which of these attitudes still lurks today? Chinese courtesans trying a western meal. By Wu Youru (d. 1893) one of writings of Canberra, China’s leading newspaper editors and solving Lyceum Alpinum, illustrators. The Historical Norm: Shunning Other People’s Food.

“Other people’s food? No thank you,” was, and often still is, the persuasive writings norm in dealing with other people’s food. Ancient Greeks looked down on the way Scythians ate, Byzantines thought the food of Gaul coarse, Western Europeans described the how to write Montverde garum (fish sauce) of persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), Byzantium as like piss, as the Persians were later to describe the grammar writing University of Central beer of the Western Europe, Jesuits in persuasive writings The University (Navitas) China in the seventeenth century hated tofu, while Spanish in the New World had no use for corn tortillas. The French gastronome, Curnonsky in the 1930s, dismissed American food as only slightly less barbaric than German. In the 1960s, I listened to Igbo teenagers describe Yoruba food as inedibly hot, Yoruba teenagers retort that Igbo food had no taste. The Underlying Rationale for Shunning Other People’s Food.

Fundamental beliefs about the health of the human body, about human nature, as well as about religion, I suggest, underpinned the widespread wariness of the essay Academy food of others. Consider health. The University Of Canberra (Navitas)? Physicians across the Old World advised that the how to essay Beau healthiest food for writings The University, an individual was the writing Domus food where they had been born and raised. The further away you went, the more likely you were to get sick. There was something to this. In the mid nineteenth century, European armies began keeping records of the non-combat deaths of persuasive of Canberra (Navitas), their troops overseas. This confirmed their hunch that soldiers–young presumably fit men–died much more frequently in the tropics than they did in their home countries. In Europe deaths per thousand were 10, in Bengal 70, in Sierra Leone 480. 1. At the time, no one knew why. Many of the deaths were from gastrointestinal diseases, though, so it was natural to how to, suspect the foreign food and water.

Or consider, your very nature. In most parts of the Ancient World, philosophers and physicians were agreed that you literally were what you ate, a belief that persisted until quite recently as I discuss in Cuisine and Empire. And what people were and what people ate were both arranged in a hierarchy. At the bottom were animals who ate raw food. Eat raw vegetables like an animal, and persuasive of Canberra (Navitas), you would become animalistic. Technique Alpinum Zuoz? Eat milk and cheese but no grains like a barbarian and you would become barbaric. The University Of Canberra? Eat lesser grains and you would become a country bumpkin. Moving up, you came to the powerful, who depending on grammar writing of Central Florida, whether their power derived from war, religion, or politics, would eat appropriately.

Eat lots of writings (Navitas), meat and you would become a warrior. Eat pure white vegetable foods and you would enhance your spirituality. Eat refined (highly processed) food like the aristocracy and you would become more refined. Now experimenting with your very nature, even if it held out the promise of improvement, was not something to be undertaken lightly. How To Write For College Lucton School? Think of some modern surgical procedures that promise just this. If experimenting meant trying foods that might bring about degeneration, then it was to be avoided. (Doubtless prejudice played a role too, then as now. Persuasive The University Of Canberra? So did regular human behavior, kids trying to figure out where they fit in the world, travelers fearful of making fools of themselves, or too tired to take on write Academy, yet another novelty, the poor too sensible to risk what little they had on food that they might not like. Persuasive Writings Of Canberra? These reasons were not, I hazard, as important as the beliefs about what made you what you were). The Exception: The Global Network of the Foods of the Powerful.

If the powerful, whether their power was political, military, spiritual or cultural, had dealings with others of equal or greater rank, then foods might be exchanged or emulated. Rank, rather than race or ethnicity, shaped people’s eating habits. Alexander the how to write Montverde Academy Great seized on The University (Navitas), Persian cuisine, the Mongols adopted much of Persian and Chinese cuisine. When the Alpinum Spanish arrived in of Canberra (Navitas) the New World, they had every intention of continuing to eat wheat bread, the food that made them what they were, as Rebecca Earle has explored in marvelous detail. Technique Zuoz? 2/ They, like the English, Dutch, and French who followed, did everything they could to get wheat, planting it where it flourished, importing it where it did not, like New Orleans as Nick Foreman of the University of Florida is investigating. Persuasive The University? 3/ Only when absolutely necessary, as in New England, the American South, or parts of Brazil, did they risk eating indigenous maize or cassava.

In the early nineteenth century, African merchants on the Gold Coast entertained American sea captains with soup, meat, desserts served on silver dishes and wine to how to write for college applications Lucton, accompany them. 4/ Later in the nineteenth century, Japanese, Indian, and Mexican nobility served high French cuisine. In food, as in the arts, therefore, imitation was the sincerest form of flattery (thanks to persuasive writings The University, John Whiting for pointing this out). Reinforced by the fact that every empire has always had to persuasive Domus, rely on writings The University of Canberra, local elites to how to english Soleil, help rule, cuisines of the elites became interconnected over vast distances. Meanwhile, the food of most people, that is poor rural people, was ignored or disdained. The Exception: The Global Network of the Foods of the Powerful.

All this matters for several reasons. First, this world view was to be crucial to global attempts to impose food on others at the end of the nineteenth century. Second, dismantling and replacing this world view led to The University of Canberra, other problems with the food of problem Lyceum, others. Third, the past casts a long shadow. Remember the persuasive The University phrase “Real men don’t eat quiche.” 1. Philip Curtin, Death by problem technique Alpinum, Migration (Cambridge University Press, 1989), 8. Writings? The exceptions to this rule were remote islands. 2. Rebecca Earle, The Body of the Conquistador: Food, Race and the Colonial Experience in grammar writing Spanish America, 1492-1700 (Cambridge University Press, 2014). 3. Paper presented at persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas) the American Historical Association, 2017.

4. James D. La Fleur, Fusion Foodways of Africa’s Gold Coast in the Atlantic Era (Brill, 2012), 135-6. [Please consider supporting Food and Farm Discussion Lab with an ongoing contribution of $1, $2, $3, $5 or $10 a month on how to applications Lucton School, Patreon. Writings (Navitas)? All contributors receive a subscription to our email newsletter the FAFDL Dispatch . ]

Write My Essays Today -
Michelle Otuke - Internship Placement Coordinator - Navitas | LinkedIn

An Essay on the Types of People I Dislike Most. No two men are alike. People differ widely in their nature. Some people are of sweet nature. They are loved by all. Everyone wants to The University (Navitas), win their friendship. On the other hand, there are people who are ill-tempered.

They easily offend others. “Birds of a feather flock together”, is an oft quoted saying. It simple means that only people of the same nature can be friendly with each other. Some people dislike others due to their ugly appearance-black color, bad features, fat body etc. but on a discursive essay Montverde, my part, I can say that I never disliked anyone on an account of his ugly appearance. I only writings The University of Canberra (Navitas) dislike those nature is writing Domus Academy, not good and who have a defective character. The University (Navitas). Thus, I dislike ill-tempered people. Image Source: bdb3b8.medialib.glogster.com/thumbnails/fee7ff2f0dbb2ca37a228b0e07904dbc07947b6efff8ecf9f5537508891c6ba8/i-dislike-you-source.jpg. Fashion is another of my pet aversions. Now-a-days people are becoming more and College Soleil more fashion-minded.

They may not eat well, but they like to writings (Navitas), put on costly dresses. Students come to the classes with combs in their pockets. Problem Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz. They comb their hair while the professor is lecturing. Similarly, some English educated girls do not appear to persuasive writings The University of Canberra, her Indians at all. They madly copy the write my college Curtin western culture. Persuasive The University (Navitas). They waste hours together in dressing their hair and problem solving technique Alpinum Zuoz painting their faces with cream, powder, lip-stick, cheek-stick and writings of Canberra what not. Such people, who go beyond their means to satisfy their craze for fashion, are not liked by me. Moreover, in their lust for fashion, our young men often show a womanish character and they take pride in it.

Such people are dislike by me. I am not against English literature, or the English language itself. But at the same time I abhor those who talk in English even in their homes. Grammar For Essay University Florida. I have seen people who talk in English even to those who know little of it. They want to impose and show their superiority over persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), others by doing so. I consider this habit, mean and objectionable.

Even after fifty years of writing freedom such people have not developed love and pride for their own language. They have slavish mentality. Hence they are the objects of my dislike. Of the various evils of which we have become victims, smoking is one. Wherever you go smokes will be there with cigarettes in their mouth. They make the atmosphere of the writings The University of Canberra already congested and crowded buses, trains and cinema halls suffocating. They may not smoke outside of the cinema halls but they cannot help smoking as soon as they occupy their seats there in. A Discursive Essay. they care neither for the law which prohibits them from smoking at persuasive writings such places nor the displeasure of their neighbors. Some are so obstinate that they do not stop smoking, Even if they are requested to do so by some non-smoker. I do not simple dislike such people, I heat them.

There are people who make promises but do not keep them. They borrow money, promises to return in the next week, but do not so even the next year. Students borrow books from their friends for a day, but do not return them ever after a month. I do not like this habit. Indeed, such people consider this habit of how to write essay making false promises a fine art. They do not think about the loss which they cause to others. I always try to keep such people at an arm’s length. The problem of persuasive writings indiscipline is not confined to the class rooms or to writing Domus Academy, the school and colleges alone. Even mature and persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas) responsible people behave in an indiscipline way go to the office, or the persuasive writing Academy railway station, or the cinema hall and you will find men of position behaving in an in disciplined way.

They think it an insult to stand in the queue. They pushed others and try to get their work done at earliest. I dislike such in disciplined persons. I am very particular about good manners. So those who are ill-mannered are not liked by me. There are persons who never thanks others however kind a deed others may do for them. Similarly, if you go to them, they will never offer a seat although there may by so many vacant. They do not address their juniors and sub-ordinates properly.

They do not show even ordinary courtesy to others. Persuasive The University Of Canberra (Navitas). Such discourteous and ill-mannered people are never tolerated by persuasive Domus Academy me. Many people act like spies. Those who have served in any office must have had a bitter experience of such people. They are known as black-sheep. The University (Navitas). Such people appear to write for college Lucton, be very friendly, but they try to harm you in very possible way behind your back. If you happen to utter some words against your friend, or your superior, they work like telegraphic wires.

I always avoid the company of such people. This habit of back biting is strongly disliked by writings me. Some people think themselves to be very clever and shrewd. They seem to how to, think that three-fourths wisdom of the world lies in their head and that the persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas) remaining one fourth is distributed among the how to essay College Beau Soleil rest of the world. The main characteristic of persuasive writings of Canberra such people is their habit of boasting. They are never tired of praising themselves. Besides this, they never find any good in others. They always find fault with the ways of living and thinking of other people.

I feet that no sensible man would like to keep company with them. I have a particular dislike for such people. But today, the world is essay University, changing swiftly. Only those persons are successful, who can adjust themselves to every company? Those who have strong likes and dislikes find it very difficult to march ahead smoothly. So in spite of (Navitas) my strong dislike, I try to adjust myself even to people I dislike. But however much one may try to hide one’s aversions, sometimes they become quite apparent.

PublishYourArticles.net is home of thousands of articles published by persuasive Academy users like YOU. Here you can publish your research papers, essays, letters, stories, poetries, biographies and allied information with a single vision to liberate knowledge. Before publishing your Articles on this site, please read the following pages:

Write my essay -
Bachelor of Writing - 984AA - University of Canberra

Free International Relations essays. “Examine the challenges faced by of Canberra Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres and how to essay Montverde, the volunteer doctors involved in the Syrian refugee crisis” Doctors Without Borders is an persuasive (Navitas), “international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organisation” (1). Problem Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz? The organisation was founded in 1971 by persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) a group of doctors and journalists in write my college essay, reference to the Nigerian Civil War of 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 as the French doctors that founded the organisation felt as though “the needs of writings The University, these people outweigh respect for national borders” (1). 80% of the funding for Doctors Without Borders is through private donors and the annual budget of the a discursive essay organisation is approximately US$610 million (1). All of the The University of Canberra doctors and how to, nurses that are involved with Doctors Without Borders need to meet a certain criteria in order to be able to work for the organisation and are paid ?8,988 per annum (this increases after the persons first 12 months). Just in 2015 30,000 medical professionals (mainly doctors and nurses) helped provide “medical aid in over 70 countries” (1). Since 1st October 2013 the president of Doctors Without Borders is Dr Joanne Liu and there are currently 34,146 volunteers (1). What makes Doctors Without Borders/MSF different from persuasive The University (Navitas), any other medical aid organisation is that it does not represent any religious, political or economic group and this is done in order to be able to speak and how to write School, act freely and writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), provide immediate medical aid to those that need it the most and do not restrict any particular group from this(2).

The official page of Doctors Without Borders for how to write essay Syria states that there are 70 hospitals and clinics related to MSF in northwestern, western and central Syria. Figures also show that just in 2015 there were 154,647 people who were wounded and persuasive The University of Canberra, 7,009 people died as a result of the essays Lucton war. 30-40% of these were victims were women and children(2). Although MSF has been trying to run some of their biggest operations in history for Syria, one of the persuasive writings of Canberra important issues they’ve faced throughout the 6 years of this conflict but particularly in 2015 is the fact that the severity of the write a discursive Montverde Academy violence is increasing rapidly and after the abduction and persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), release of 5 MSF staff in writing Academy, May 2014 the organisation has had to shut some of their hospitals and limit their work and change the aid they provide to a non direct approach which is something they are not used to doing. Because organisations like MSF do not take sides in any conflict, and thus are not supported by any government, they often speak and negotiate terms and come to writings The University of Canberra agreement with both sides of any war and in Syria, they have spoken to the Islamic State in order to ensure that the MSF staff and the patients in solving Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz, hospitals will not be attacked and because the response they received was not assuring the organisation had to stop work in areas controlled by the Islamic State. MSF have stated that they have been unable to “receive permission from the government of persuasive writings The University of Canberra, Syria to work in problem technique Alpinum, areas it controls” which has resulted in “millions of people (being) out of of Canberra (Navitas), reach of hands-on assistance from any external aid provider”(2). A report published by Doctor’s Without Borders on the 18th February 2016 provides an problem solving Lyceum Alpinum, overview of the “war?wounded and war?dead in MSF?supported medical facilities in persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), Syria” in 2015.

The report summarises the role of MSF since the start of the conflict in 2011 as paying for persuasive writing the reconstruction of facilities that were damaged or destroyed, “providing medical supplies; paying a basic salary to hospital staff to enable them to focus on their medical work; providing fuel to enable the hospital generators to function”(3). Figure 1 is able to writings of Canberra show the write my college essay Curtin amount of The University of Canberra, casualties that occurred on medical facilities and the double tap attacks that occurred just in 2015. For all of the attacks that have been carried out in Academy, 2015 there are many children, some aged under 6 and women that have been injured or killed. Moreover it has also been mentioned that when serious explosions or attacks occur many of the people that die at the site of the attacks aren’t taken to The University medical facilities to write essays applications School be registered as dead because the main focus is to writings of Canberra (Navitas) get survivors the english essay immediate medical care that they require and so therefore because of this many deaths are not reported and so the The University of Canberra real figures of the death toll may be much higher than what is reported (3). The facilities present in the Damascus region of Syria varied throughout 2015 as they were regularly attacked and so will have had to relocate or close as a result. Figure 2 shows the changing number of medical facilities every month for 2015, showing September 2015 to have the lowest number of MSF facilities indicating how the severity of the persuasive writing Academy conflict heightened in late 2015. A recent news report with the heading “A Second MSF Hospital Has Been Bombed in Syria in persuasive The University, the Last 10 Days” clearly demonstrates the write essay Montverde severity of the current circumstances for civilians in writings of Canberra (Navitas), Syria but also the doctors. The hospital in grammar of Central, Idlib, Northern Syria that had 54 staff is persuasive writings of Canberra, said to have been destroyed on the 15th February 2016 after being targeted by solving Lyceum Alpinum “four missiles following two attacks within an interval of a few minutes”. Massimiliano Rebaudengo, MSF’s Head of Mission has said. Figure 3: Picture showing the aftermath of the attacks at persuasive writings, the hospital in Idlib, northern Syria. that the attacks against the hospital seem deliberate as it has now deprived 40,000 people of healthcare in the area and MSF has announced that 8 people are currently missing (4). This attack has resulted in the deaths of 9 staff and 16 patients (one of whom was a child) and this death toll is expected to rise once the rubble around the hospital has been cleared (5).There were 25 staff present in grammar for essay University of Central, the hospital at the time of the writings The University attack and 5 died immediately after the attack, 3 were recovered injured from the rubbles and 2 are still missing with the remaining 15 staff whom survived (6).

It is still not known who carried out the attacks as the states that are involved in the conflict have blamed each other; Russia denied involvement, Turkey blamed the Syrian government and Syria blamed the US-led coalition (5). This hospital’s running and medical costs had been supported by MSF since September 2015 and even its reconstruction had been done in December 2015 as it had been forced to persuasive writing move from its previous location due to the several attacks (6). Figure 4 demonstrates how the airstrikes destroy the hospitals into crumbles and this therefore is able to highlight just how difficult it is to writings The University of Canberra reconstruct these facilities after they have been destroyed. Michiel Hofman, the MSF Senior Humanitarian Specialist has stated in writing Domus Academy, his article for the MSF that usually in of Canberra (Navitas), other countries like “Afghanistan and Yemen there is only one military coalition in the air” and because of how to essays applications Lucton School, this the GPS details of where the MSF supported hospitals and clinics are can be shared regularly with the military to prevent an persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), attack. However for Syria this is not possible because there are two coalitions in the air that compete and how to write Montverde, both of writings of Canberra, these claim that they do not and will not target civilians and that their main targets are terrorists, but it is evident that it is the civilians that are heavily affected despite these claims. Moreover, another reason why the protection of hospitals in Syria is difficult is due to the fact that the how to write english essay Beau Government passed an anti-terrorist law in 2012 that made any sort of humanitarian aid and medical care to the opposition illegal and so therefore these aids are often done secretly without registering with the writings (Navitas) government. And because of this very reason any hospital that has been bombed or attacked by those involved in airstrikes can be justified through the means that they were not aware that they had targeted a hospital in Beau Soleil, the first place as they were not aware of its presence. Currently there are food drops to help civilians but Michiel Hofman states that the writings The University of Canberra main reason these people are dying is due to the lack of medical care available and University of Central Florida, the severity of their war injuries, not due to food shortages.

Also another point made by the senior humanitarian specialist is that when the jets drop food packages, the civilians cannot be certain that the noise they have heard is of Canberra (Navitas), aid or a bomb and thus this method of grammar writing University Florida, action to persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas) aid has been shown to be highly ineffective (7). Figure 5 is a tweet from the MSF International’s twitter page and shows pictures of aid that has been sent to Syria, stating that just in January and February 2016, “550 tons of for essay writing University Florida, drugs, medical material shelters” have been sent to support the facilities in Aleppo, the largest city in Syria. This therefore shows the substantial amount of work and aid sent by organisations like Doctors Without Borders/ Medecins Sans Frontieres just in Syria. Data released by MSF shows that in 2015 there were 94 strikes on 63 MSF supported medical facilities and writings The University (Navitas), that 53 of the write School medics were wounded whilst 23 had died, demonstrating how much the attacks have escalated in the past year compared to persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) the initial years since 2011. MSF has been said to persuasive Domus Academy attempt to gain official access with the approval of the (Navitas) Syrian government since 2011 to work but this has still not been approved and thus meaning that the current medical and how to applications Lucton School, humanitarian work being carried out in Syria puts both the persuasive The University Doctors Without Borders at risk as an organisation but also the doctors, nurses that work with them too (8). An article written by Dr Joanne Liu the International president of Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) for the Huffington Post states that MSF estimates that there are currently “1.5 million people trapped in sieges imposed by the Syrian government-led coalition, as well as by opposition groups”.

As mentioned above medical supplies are blocked and those whom are critically unwell cannot be evacuated under siege. For example in Madaya there have been 49 deaths due to starvation despite the persuasive Domus Academy support and medical aid given by persuasive writings The University (Navitas) MSF. It is due to these difficult circumstances that has caused 6.5 million people, half of grammar writing of Central Florida, which are children to escape the conflict and persuasive writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), travel to neighbouring countries and then Europe. Essay Curtin? Just in September 120,000 people had to migrate from their homes in Aleppo, Hama and Idlib due to writings (Navitas) the heavy bombings taking place in these areas(9). Essay? There have been numerous cases of people risking their lives to travel to persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) Europe by small inflatable boats that are filled with migrants protected by nothing but life jackets and Curtin, have often died as a result of the boats sinking. Figure 7 clearly shows that as many migrants as possible are fitted onto writings The University of Canberra, one boat with the hope that they can all travel to Greece safely and then travel onto Europe.

The tweet by MSF International states that just in 2016 (January, February) 56% of the arrivals in Greece are Syrian, which again indicates how the Syrian refugee crisis is possibly one of the major problems in the world currently as the vast majority of those who feel hopeless and can find no better alternative than to flee their homes are Syrians. Dr Joanne Liu goes on to say that the conflict has escalated so much in the recent years that even escaping bombs inside of Syria is nearly impossible let alone be able to escape to neighbouring countries. The borders of Lebanon and Jordan are described as being shut for newcomers, Iraq is not an option due to the conflict that is going on their own country. How To A Discursive Essay? The solution of the European Union for this crisis has been to hand over 3 billion euros o Turkey so they do not close off their borders but instead accept those refugees that hope to reach Europe (9). Both in this article and also on the MSF twitter page for Syria, the claim from both the The University of Canberra organisation and also its International president is that the for college applications four out of five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council -France, Russian Federation, the persuasive of Canberra United Kingdom, and the United States (10)- are involved in military operations and have ‘failed’ the Syrian people and writing, have even “actively increased their suffering” (9).

The appeal is for the UNSC permanent members to respect their own resolutions and also pressure their allies to implement them too. The resolutions mentioned here are in reference to the meeting the United Nations Security Council had in early December 2015 where they set a target of beginning peace talks in early January and hoped to persuasive writings The University (Navitas) achieve a nationwide ceasefire once the “parties concerned had taken initial steps towards a political transition” (11). Their ongoing resolution of protecting civilians, healthcare and how to write a discursive Montverde, providing humanitarian assistance has clearly failed so far and already within the persuasive writings of Canberra first two months of 2016 there have been bombings against 16 facilities in Syria and 6 of these facilities were supported by essays applications Lucton MSF. A statement delivered by Dr Joanne Liu in Palais des Nations, Geneva, on the 18th February 2016 explained the of Canberra severity of the situation in how to write, Syria, stating that the routine attacks done on civilian infrastructure like hospitals prevent organisations like MSF from providing “lifesaving assistance” (12). Dr Joanne Liu states that these attacks have to stop in order to save the lives of innocent civilians and that these attacks cannot be “normalised”. As the writings international resident of write Curtin Singapore, Doctors Without Borders she has made it clear in several circumstances that their approach is that “the doctor of your enemy is not your enemy”, thus clarifying their neutral and totally humanitarian approach to any sort of war. In reference to the attack to the hospital in Idbil, Northern Syria on the 15th February, Dr Joanne Liu explains that 4 missiles struck the persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) hospital and the attack lasted 2 minutes however there was a second attack 40 minutes later when the rescuers arrived and persuasive writing, this was done deliberately to target those that were trying to help the wounded. Writings The University? Moreover, some of the essay University Singapore injured were taken to a hospital nearby and this hospital was also struck by writings The University (Navitas) missiles which creates the implication that it is the civilians in hospitals that are being targeted rather than the groups involved in the war.

This can then be evidenced by Zuoz the fact that just over the last 13 months 101 aerial attacks have been made on persuasive The University (Navitas), purely MSF supported facilities. Again there were cases of a second attack once the rescuers and medical experts had arrived at the site and unsurprisingly people now claim to be scared to write english Beau go to hospitals even if they were injured because the likelihood of them losing their life by another bomb at the hospital is not small. Of Canberra? She indicates that it is because of for college Lucton School, this very fear that people have had to flee for their lives and escape the ground combat and air strikes. However many of the writings The University (Navitas) people trying to escape the country are being prevented from doing so as there are currently 100,000 people in Azaz, Northern Syria that cannot leave and are “trapped between the Turkish border and the frontline”. The international president of MSF states that people have “a fundamental right to flee from active war” and Domus Academy, that “bombings must stop in areas under siege” with “increased and writings of Canberra (Navitas), unhindered deliveries of aid and University, the immediate evacuation of the of Canberra (Navitas) wounded and sick” (12). A 26 year old Doctor working with Medecins Sans Frontieres in Syria named Ahmad Almohammad has experienced several bombing attacks whilst on duty in the hospitals supported by problem technique Zuoz MSF. In the news report he explains how in Fafeen, just north of Aleppo two years ago he was working in a hospital when him and his colleagues heard a helicopter approaching and writings The University, this indicated that they would be bombed very shortly. Essay University Singapore? He states that “We all had to guess where the barrels from the persuasive (Navitas) helicopter would drop, all the staff and patients started to run, but we had no idea where to go. We could hear the write Curtin University noise above, we all thought the helicopter was directly over our head. It was all down to persuasive The University chance on whether we’d be hit.

In those few seconds, it felt like my last moments.” Having spent some time working as a doctor in persuasive Academy, Syria Ahmad Almohammad was experienced enough with bombings to know that the helicopter would drop 5 barrels and thus during the attack he and his colleagues merely waited for all five barrels to fall before looking around to see the severity of the attack and to see how many people could still be saved. Ahmad admits that he was fully aware before he joined MSF that they would be targets. He states that “The hospitals and the health workers are the writings The University of Canberra (Navitas) first line of targets because we are trying to keep people alive.” As with many previous examples, little was left of the hospital after the persuasive Academy attack. The doctors in Syria working with Ahmad believe that they’re a “very cheap target”. Persuasive The University Of Canberra (Navitas)? Ahmad states that “In the media, we are just a mention, just another hospital targeted, and that’s it. Nothing else.

No one is how to Montverde, moving to protect us – we have nobody to protect the health workers. If we ever leave Syria, we are escaping from our duties to help these people, and my duties towards my people”. He lives in Kilis, Turkey with his mother and persuasive, siblings and write my college essay University, usually travels to Syria 5 days a week with MSF. His team are responsible for both providing donations that consists of drugs and medical supplies to more than 15 hospitals and clinics and they even help to provide the 100,000 people stuck behind the border with Turkey with essentials. Of Canberra? Ahmad risks his life by crossing the border from Turkey to Syria every day and still feels like this isn’t enough due to having “three times the normal volume of patients”. “What I can provide is out of my control,” he said. “I know of an entire family killed by a rocket, and write a discursive essay Montverde Academy, another family trapped under a damaged house for more than 20 hours. I’m used to seeing children with no arms or legs. It’s normal to lose family members here.

The children are used to seeing blood, beheaded men, bodies in the street. Women have told me that they sleep fully clothed so that if they were bombed during the night, they won’t be unclothed. He states that; “When I stand in front of persuasive of Canberra (Navitas), them, without any power to help them, I know there’s only so much I can do.” Like the international president of the my college University Singapore MSF Ahmad is of Canberra (Navitas), also worried that there has been a recent escalation recently in the amount of bombings targeting civilians and hospitals compared to the past 5 years of this conflict. Writing University Of Central Florida? Ahmad’s mother is worried about him risking his life continually in order to The University of Canberra (Navitas) provide aid to others and because of how to write english College Beau, this he often has to lie to persuasive of Canberra her and write Curtin University Singapore, say he is safe even if thats not the case and also calls her at least twice a day so she knows he is okay. As someone who has been on the frontline for sometime now Ahmad says that after the immediate airstrikes the of Canberra (Navitas) next more important long term issue is the how to write essay Montverde Academy fact the people in Syria are regularly surrounded by death and because of this their mental wellbeing is persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas), significantly harmed.What people don’t realise is that the Syrian people – especially those I work with, the people in hospitals, the how to write essay Montverde nurses and doctors – they’re not well, psychologically,” he said. “They do not see the danger as being danger now, because they’ve seen so many awful things, so many wounded people, so many dead people. They don’t know that they’re not well mentally. “When they see dead people, they don’t see anything any more, because this is all they’ve known for years. Yesterday somebody came into persuasive (Navitas), the hospital and said 13 people died in the village next to solving technique ours, and he said it without being sad. They are numb to people dying.” Ahmad Almohammad is sick of one party blaming another party for writings (Navitas) the attacks carried out and thinks that “Whoever wants to help the Syrian government, they can do it without any permission”(13). Dr David Nott has been working as a surgeon in major war zones since the Bosnia conflict in 1993.

He has a normal day job in three different hospitals in London where he performs three different kinds of surgery and write my college essay University Singapore, every year he takes around three months off work to go and provide medical care to those affected in conflict or war zones. He often has to work in very difficult conditions but he is regarded as being one of the country leading surgeons and has operated in countries like Iraq, Sudan, Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Dr Nott has received the Robert burns Humanitarian Award and writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), has even successfully. Figure 10: Dr David Nott, most experienced war surgeon amputated the for essay writing University Florida arm of a Congolese man with an persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas), infected shoulder over a text message from a colleague even though he had never carried out the procedure before. Despite being used to loss due to his experience over the years in problem technique Lyceum, many different countries Dr Nott states that nothing quite compares to what he has witnessed in Syria as “Nearly nobody is reporting this” and “the direct attacks on healthcare and healthcare workers,” because the logic of writings (Navitas), those that attack hospitals and other healthcare is that “You take out one doctor, you take out 10,000 people he or she can no longer care for.” He describes how in his last trip to Aleppo, Syria, in my college University, October 2014 where two doctors he knew were killed in an air to ground missile and persuasive The University, explains how doctors are attacked because healthcare on its own is seen as a weapon and grammar University of Central Florida, thus hospitals and (Navitas), ambulances are targeted on purpose in his view rather than by chance. The pattern Dr Nott has noticed is that the “Russian jets fly very high up. Syrian jets fly lower, firing rockets and Lucton School, missiles. The Russian planes tend to be 10,000ft up and persuasive, you don’t see it, you just see the weapon hitting the hospital.” Due to the increased amount of attacks in the last couple of how to write, months Dr Nott says the medics are determined to set up clinics in caves outside cities and have wards underground in order to persuasive writings be able to escape the bombings. Even when he isn’t able to go to Syria directly, Dr Nott has regularly given surgical advice to his colleagues in Syria however he states how there is no longer any internet in Aleppo.

He has even gone to grammar University Gaziantep, Turkey in April in order to be able to “train Syrian colleagues in specialist trauma surgery”. What frustrates Dr Nott about the general approach to the conflict in Syria is that people seem to just be fixated on fighting the threat of ISIS and have completely forgotten or ignored the humanitarian disaster that is going on because of ISIS. “The healthcare workers I work with are not fighters, they don’t carry weapons, they’re just there to help,” he says. “What is persuasive The University, happening to them is totally against international humanitarian law – hospitals should be protected and they are being targeted. Targeted to ensure the destruction of the healthcare system.” He calls for how to applications a no bombing zone to be set up in Aleppo and writings of Canberra (Navitas), Idlib as these are the rebel held areas and Syria and are heavily attacked. “It has to be achieved. Somebody has to stand up and say, ‘The humanitarian situation is so bad that this has to be achieved’. It is persuasive writing Academy, a systematic destruction of the healthcare system: a weapon of war which Syria and Russia are using at the moment.

That has to stop. Due to the birth of his first child he has not been able to go back to (Navitas) Syria in 2015 but makes it clear that he will not stop his humanitarian work and has even set up the how to write essays for college applications School David Nott foundation which raises money in order to be able to persuasive writings The University (Navitas) fund surgeons that are heavily involved in conflict zones. He states that, “I can’t withdraw from it. I’m probably the most experienced war surgeon in the world. How To Essay College Beau? I can’t stop doing it now I have a family. I wanted to persuasive writings of Canberra have one, I wanted to have things other people had. But it would be a shame to withdraw now because there’s so much still to write for college Lucton School offer, and a new generation to teach.”(14). An article from The Guardian released in October 2015 is able to demonstrate the increase in the intensity of the situation in Syria in recent months as even healthcare assistants working with Medecins Sans Frontieres have had to migrate to Europe. The MSF worker describes how he watched people he had known his whole entire life join ISIS and how one of the leaders in writings The University of Canberra (Navitas), his hometown of Raqqa, Northern Syria was actually a 20 year old neighbour that he had grown up with. After joining MSF in write applications Lucton, 2014 the healthcare professional describes how difficult it became to provide aid to civilians and the wounded as ISIS was taking over the area slowly.

Furthermore he describes how they had to negotiate with the leader they had been neighbours with for 20 years in order to provide aid but this clearly did not last long as the attitude of rebel groups towards humanitarian organisations such as MSF are quite hostile and got were increasingly reduced in number until eventually they had to stop working in the area altogether. The healthcare professional knew he needed to flee Syria when they got a call from former friends of theirs that had joined ISIS, warning him about being on writings The University (Navitas), a list which meant that they had to leave Syria that same night and travel to persuasive writing Aleppo which is again the north of Syria. From there him and some of his family members crossed the border to Kilis, Turkey and stayed in Turkey for a while and worked for another health organisation but due to the strict immigration rules it was apparent that they could not stay there and build a new life and so they decided to move on to Europe for the sake of his brothers. The MSF worker describes how he found a smuggler in the coastal city of Izmir in Turkey and paid a lot of money for him to smuggle them to persuasive The University of Canberra (Navitas) Greece via a boat. Technique Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz? They had to get on a seven metre long boat with 52 other people that included a driver who was a refugee that hadn’t actually driven a boat before and many children too. Due to the boat being overfilled with people the engine could not carry the weight and when the fuel eventually ran out people had to get out and The University, pull it whilst swimming towards the nearest Greek island. The planned one hour journey ended up being 7 hours long and writing, because the boat didn’t stay on the course they had set out on initially they had no idea which island they had landed on. Once they reached the beach, feeling “exhausted from swimming and pushing the boat” there was no one in sight which is usually not the norm as refugees are expected and greeted by special healthcare workers and volunteers at the beach of The University (Navitas), Greek islands due to the high amounts of refugees fleeing Syria since the summer.They “had to climb a mountain and walk five kilometres to the nearest town”. Because they were told there was no one that could help them that day after going to the police station, they had to spend their first night in Europe sleeping on the street. After finding out they had landed on the Greek island of Samos the next day they started to make their way through Europe and initially went to Athens and then crossed the border to Macedonia and then to Serbia and Hungary.

The journey consisted of them taking buses, trains, walking on railways with a “large group that included families with small children”. The difficult journey was often eased by College Beau Soleil the help of aid organisations like MSF and the International Red Cross. He describes how although most of the authorities they saw on the way through Europe were helpful they still made it clear that they were not wanted. Once they reached Germany via a train from Vienna they were immediately stopped by the police even though their initial intention was to travel on to the Netherlands. He explains how once the police officers heard they were Syrian and didn’t actually have any valid travel documents they were immediately taken into custody and were locked into an empty warehouse that made the refugees feel like criminals even though they merely were the unfortunate victims of a civil war in their home country that has now been mainly taken over by ISIS. They were then made to travel to Dortmund the next day by train and then were detained again. The only reason the MSF worker that wrote the article for The Guardian was able to escape was due to the kindness of a translator that had the same accent as him and persuasive writings (Navitas), was from the same part of Syria as him. After deciding to help them the translator gave his employee badge that allows them come in and out and it was due to this simple act of kindness that the how to essays for college applications refugee was able to freely walk out from detainment.

The family of the refugee had to split up with some living in Frankfurt whilst his father still in persuasive The University (Navitas), their hometown in Syria who he says is safe because of problem solving technique Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz, him being an older man. He describes his next aim as being able to get permission to stay so he can learn the language, study and maybe even have the chance of getting a job with MSF (15). In conclusion, it is evident that Doctors Without Borders are trying relentlessly to continue with the aid they can provide to the civilians of Syria despite how dangerous doing this has become or how much they have had to limit their work due to the increased intensity of attacks to healthcare centres and doctors within Syria. Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom International Relations essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of us is writings The University (Navitas), qualified to solving Lyceum Zuoz a high level in our area of expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Persuasive Writings? Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised International Relations work in your email box, in as little as 3 hours.

This International Relations essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to write my college essay University provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Doctors Without Borders . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/international-relations-politics/doctors-without-borders/ [04-10-17]. If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on writings (Navitas), our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 05-11-16 - Doctors Without Borders 28-02-16 - Relationship between Russia-Syria 27-02-16 - Nationlism in India 04-02-16 - Analysis of Domus Academy, various hostage crises 03-02-16 - Nepal’s society and economy 02-02-16 - Ethical Reasoning Essay: Syrian Immigration Crisis - Domino Theory - Modern Society: Globalization 01-02-16 - SIDS – small island developing states - President’s Obama’s Iran agreement. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service.

Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of The University (Navitas), Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .

Write My Research Paper -
Michelle Otuke - Internship Placement Coordinator - Navitas | LinkedIn

Essay on persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) Air Pollution: Sources, Causes, Effects and Control. Essay on solving Air Pollution: Sources, Causes, Effects and Control! Air pollution occurs due to the presence of undesirable solid or gaseous particles in the air in quantities that are harmful to The University (Navitas) human health and environment. It can be defined as presence of foreign matter-either gaseous or particulate or combination of for essay writing Florida both in the air which is detrimental to the health and writings (Navitas), welfare of essay Beau human beings. Pollutants that are emitted directly from identifiable sources are produced by natural events can be in the form of persuasive The University of Canberra particulate matter or gaseous form. These are called primary pollutants Example: Dust storms and volcanic eruptions and technique, through human activities like emission from vehicles, industries etc. There are five primary pollutants that contribute to 90% of global air pollution:

(i) Oxides of carbon like carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide (CO and CO 2 ). (ii) Oxides of nitrogen, like NO, NO 2 , NO 3 (expressed as NO X ). (iii) Oxides of of Canberra (Navitas) sulphur particularly sulphur dioxide (SO 2 ). (iv) Volatile organic compounds, mostly hydrocarbons. (v) Suspended particulate matter (SPM).

Particulate pollutants are categorized according to size, mode of how to essays Lucton School formation (source) or physical state. a. Aerosol (general term for particles suspended in air) b. Mist (aerosol containing liquid droplets e.g., H 2 SO 4 mist) c. Dust (aerosol containing solid particles) d. Smoke (aerosol containing mixture of solid and liquid particles produced by chemical reaction such as fire) e. Fume (same as smoke by of Canberra, produced by condensation of hot vapors of metals e.g.. Zinc and Lead fumes)

f. Plume (smoke coming out of chimney) g. Fly ash (finely divided non-combustible particles present in the gases arising from fuel combustion. It contains inorganic metallic or mineral substances released when the organic part of the write essay Curtin University coal is burnt.) h. Natural particulates (Natural particulates are pollen grains spores bacterial, viruses, protozoal, fungal spores and volcanic dusts.) The pollutants that are produced in the atmosphere, when certain chemical reactions take place among the primary pollutants and with others in the atmosphere are called secondary air pollutants. Sulphuric acid, nitric acid, carbonic acid, ozone, formaldehydes and peroxy-acyl-nitrate (PAN). Particulates are small pieces of solid material. Particulate matter can be: 1. Natural such as dust, seeds, spores, pollen grains, algae fungi, bacteria and viruses.

2. Persuasive The University! Anthropogenic such as mineral dust, cement, asbestos dust, fibers, metal dust, fly ash smoke particles form fires etc. Air pollution may originate from one or more variety of sources. The natural pollution includes sources such as oceanic aerosol, volcanic emissions, biogenic sources, windblown terrestrial dust and problem solving Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz, lightening. The artificial pollution generates from human activities and includes sources such as fuel burning, refuge burning, transportation, construction of buildings, chemical factories, metallurgical factories and, vehicles. The third category includes solvent usage and sources include spray painting and solvent extraction. Automobiles are the first rate of polluters. Industries occupy second position. Particulates cause carcinogenic effects, accumulate in lungs and interfere with ability of lungs to exchange gases.

Prolonged exposure causes lung cancer and asthma. Cigarette smoking is responsible for greatest exposure to persuasive writings of Canberra carbon monoxide (CO). Exposure to air containing even 0.001% of CO for several hours can cause collapse, coma and even death. As CO remains attached to Florida hemoglobin in the blood for a long time, it accumulates and reduces the oxygen carrying capacity of blood. This impairs thinking, causes headaches, drowsiness and nausea. SO 2 irritates the persuasive (Navitas) respiratory tissues. NO 2 can irritate lungs; aggravate asthma and susceptibility to influenza and writing Domus, common colds.

Many volatile organic compounds (benzene and formaldehyde) and toxic particulates can cause mutations and cancer. Lead causes neurological problems and persuasive of Canberra, cancer. Gaseous pollutants enter the leaf pores and writing, damage the persuasive The University (Navitas) leaves of crop plants, interfere with photosynthesis and plants growth and reduces nutrient uptake and causes the leaves to turn yellow, brown or drop off altogether. Air pollutants break down the exterior paint on cars and houses. The upper stratosphere consists of considerable amounts of ozone, which works as an english Beau Soleil effective screen for UV light. This region is called ozone layer, which extends up to 60 km above the surface of the earth.

Ozone is a form of oxygen with 3 atoms instead of 2. It is produced naturally in the atmosphere. Presence of certain pollutants can accelerate the persuasive writings of Canberra breakdown of grammar writing of Central ozone. Depletion of ozone effects human health, food productivity and climate. Sun burn, cataract, aging of skin and skin cancer are caused by increased UV radiation.

It weakens the immune system by supporting the body’s resistance to certain infections like measles, chickenpox and other viral diseases. UV radiation affects the ability of plants to capture light energy during the process of The University of Canberra (Navitas) photosynthesis. This reduces the nutrient content and growth of plants mostly in legumes and cabbage. Plants and animals are damaged by UV radiations. Contribute to global warming, a phenomenon which is caused due to the increase in concentration of certain gases like CO 2 , NO 2 methane and chloroflorocarbons (CFCs). Photochemical smog is how to write essay Montverde Academy, highly oxidising polluted atmosphere comprising largely of ozone, NO X , hydrogen peroxide, organic peroxides, PAN and peroxybenzoil nitrate (PBzN). This is produced as a result of photochemical reaction among NO x hydrocarbons and The University of Canberra (Navitas), oxygen. Effects of how to write a discursive photochemical smog are as follows:

a. Breathing ozone results in respiratory distress, headaches. b. Persuasive Of Canberra (Navitas)! PAN damages plants. c. PAH’s poly nuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, carcinogenic. Acid rain is write essay, a rain or any other form of persuasive writings of Canberra precipitation that is unusually acidic, i.e., elevated levels of hydrogen ions (low pH). It can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure through the process of Lyceum Zuoz wet deposition. Acid rain is caused by persuasive (Navitas), emissions of compounds of ammonium, carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids. Carbonic acid then can ionize in water forming low concentrations of my college essay Curtin University Singapore hydronium and carbonate ions. Acid deposition as an environmental issue would include additional acids to H 2 CO 3 . The effects of persuasive of Canberra (Navitas) acid rain have been known for a long time.

Though experts admit that the problem of acid rain is generally under control, it’s still worth reiterating the effects brought on by acid rain on my college essay Curtin Singapore the wider environment. Acid rain has adverse effects on: a. Forests and other vegetation. b. Freshwater lakes and streams destroying aquatic life. d. Buildings and materials. Carbon dioxide and persuasive of Canberra, other gases allow light to pass, but trap heat in the atmosphere much like glass in how to write english Beau a greenhouse traps heat. This greenhouse effect is thought to be responsible for persuasive (Navitas) global warming. Problem Solving Lyceum Alpinum! Carbon dioxide contributes to only 56% of greenhouse heating. The average surface temperature of Earth is about 15°C (59°F). Global Warming is The University of Canberra, increase in the average temperature of the atmosphere, oceans, and landmasses of Earth. Effects of global warming are as follows:

a. Temperature extremes. b. Applications Lucton! Rise in sea level, and change in precipitation. c. Injuries from storms, coastal flooding. d. Persuasive The University Of Canberra! Interruption of power supply, contamination of drinking water. f. Food shortages due to shift in agricultural food production. g. Air pollution (made worse by warming) h. English College Soleil! Asthma, bronchitis, emphysema complications. i. Strain on public health systems. j. Of Canberra (Navitas)! Increased need due to population migrations. k. Unable to contain spread of infectious diseases. Taj Mahal, Agra, India: A symbol of love affected by air pollutants:

Emperor Shah Jahan constructed this historic monument in the memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal at Agra, India in persuasive Domus the year 1648. The innumerable industries in and around Agra released a large amount of sulphur dioxides, suspended particulate matter, smoke, soot etc causing tanning, blackening, and yellowing of the marble stone. The oxides reacting with rainwater resulted in acid precipitation and in return caused the deterioration and corrosion of the Taj Mahal. In 1984, the Supreme Court of India ordered designated polluting industries in the Taj area to be shut down and or adopt cleaner control technologies. The zoning of the industries is done based on the type of industries, their function etc. every city has its own zoning rules. Zoning of the The University of Canberra industries may be based on: The functions include industries such as linkages for industries, sidings etc. The performance includes classification of industries according to their nuisance value such as:

(i) Traffic congestion. (ii) Obnoxious and hazardous emissions, and. (iii) Industrial nuisance such as smoke, dust, dirt, odour, noise etc. If zoning is done properly, it results inconsiderable improvement of health of the community as a whole. It prevents the grammar for essay of Central invasion of undesirable in and around residential areas and so toxic, hazardous and persuasive writings The University of Canberra, harmful gases and odours are prevented from entering or attacking the humans living in residential areas.

The air pollution problem can be minimized at the source of making use of the following measures: (a) Raw Material Substitution: In order to check air pollution, it is desirable to substitute the raw material if it results in pollution, by another one which is less polluting. The raw material may contain an ingredient which is not essential but a pollution source. The pollution can be minimised if the how to write a discursive essay non-essential ingredient is removed before the processing of the raw material. Low sulphur fuels can be used in place of high sulphur fuels in order to control air pollution by SO 2 . (b) Modification of Process: Pollution reduction can frequently be achieved by using modified procedure or new process. Persuasive Writings Of Canberra (Navitas)! For example, the use of exhaust hoods and ducts over several types of industrial ovens allow the recovery of various solvents that could have become air pollutants. (c) Equipment Alterations: Equipment alterations such as the use of floating roof tanks rather than vented tanks can cut down on the evaporation losses. Write Essay College Beau! New type of equipment for example, the persuasive writings of Canberra (Navitas) basic oxygen furnaces which are replacing the open hearth furnaces in steel industry, pose much less air pollution problems.

Controlling Air Pollution by Devices : Because of large number of industries, various types of gases are liberated in the atmosphere along with particulates and become major source of air pollution. In order to prevent these pollutants into the atmosphere, control devices have been used depending on the collection property and capacity of the device and nature of the processes used by the particular industry. Based on the method of removal several types of dust collectors have been used. Some important control devices are gravity settling chamber, fabric filters, wet scrubbers and for essay writing of Central, electrostatic precipitator. Following are the 5 classes of the particulate collection equipment: (i) Gravity Settling Chamber: This is the simplest method for persuasive writings of Canberra the control of essay particulate matter.

This applies to coarse particulate matter larger than 50 µm. Here the gravitational force is employed to remove particulate matter with a settling velocity greater than 0.13 m/s. they are used to control emission of coarse particulate from power plants and The University (Navitas), industrial sites. (ii) Cyclone Separator: Cyclone separator is gas cleaning devices that employ a centrifugal force generated by a spinning gas stream to persuasive Domus separate the particulate matter from the carrier gas. Persuasive Writings Of Canberra (Navitas)! The cyclone separator is usually employed for Zuoz removing particles 10 µm in (Navitas) size and larger. Fractional removal efficiency of the cyclone separator drops rapidly beyond a certain particle size. Cyclone separator operates by the centrifugal force which is several times greater than the gravitational force.

In a wet collector a liquid, usually water is how to write Lucton, used to persuasive The University of Canberra capture particulate matter or to increase the size of aerosols. It is used for fine particulates, ranging from how to write essay College Beau, 0.1 to 20 µm. One of the primary aims of the device is the adequate dispersion of the of Canberra liquid phase in order to achieve good contact between the particulate phase and the liquid phase. Three major types of how to Beau wet collectors are: (a) Spray chamber scrubbers. (b) Cyclonic scrubbers. (c) Venturi scrubbers.

Filtration is one of the oldest and most widely used methods of separating particulate from the carrier gas. A filter generally any porous structure is (Navitas), composed of granular or fibrous material which tends to retain the particulate as the carrier gas passes through the void of the filter. Fabric filters are usually formed from for essay of Central, cylindrical tubes and hung in multiple rows to provide large surface areas for gas passage. Typical dust loadings handled are from 0.23 to 23 gm/m3 of gas. Fabric filters have efficiencies of 99% or better when collecting 0.5 µm particles and can remove substantial quantities of 0.01 µm particles. (v) Electrostatic Precipitator:

Particulate and aerosol collection by electrostatic precipitation is based on the mutual attraction between particles of one electric charge and the collecting electrode of opposite polarity. Its advantages are: (a) Capacity to handle large gas volumes. (b) High collection efficiencies even for submicron size. (c) Low energy consumption.

(d) Ability to operate with relatively high temperature gases. Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply. You must be logged in to post a comment. Before publishing your articles on this site, please read the The University of Canberra (Navitas) following pages: